Wednesday, October 24, 2012

JJK error: Maggi Goreng, not Indomie; on PDRM too

Hi there bros (Editors, Jakarta Java Kini magazine),

I'm from Singapore but with mixed regional parentage so I travel back to Malaysia and Indonesia often. I enjoy your mag, guys.


Just to fairly point out a few errors in JJK's Oct. 2012 article "10 Things You Didn't Know About Kuala Lumpur"


It's not "Indomie Goreng" but "Maggi Goreng". Maggi Mee Segera has been around since the 1960s, far longer than Indomie that's been imported more recently to cater to our Tenaga Kerja Indonesia - and it's only these TKI who call it Indomie Goreng. Check out the Mamak restaurants all around Malaysia (and Singapore) - it's Maggi Goreng ;-)


On the Dirty Cops, your assertion may have been correct 10 or even 5 years ago. These days the Polis Di-Raja Malaysia (Malaysian cops) get more incentive reward money REPORTING YOU for attempted bribery instead accepting your Ringgit. I know because my Malaysian cousin was hauled to court for trying to bribe the PDRM. Sure there may still be the odd corrupt cop here and there. But Malaysia's cleaning up guys - we in Indonesia should do the same.


Anyway, keep up the good mag.


Garth Liew.

No comments:

Post a Comment